Friday, January 10, 2014

A Small Glimpse of our Day

It's that time of year for lots of new parents to be touring our facility along with their notebooks full of questions. When I'm giving a tour, I often think about how hard it must be for these parents to know what is the right decision. I know me, and I know how passionate I am about teaching, and how much I absolutely love the children in our program, but how do these moms and dads know that? How difficult it must be for them to leave their sweet little kiddos with strangers. I wish I could show all the moms and dads out there what I get to see on a daily basis "behind the scenes". I wish I could show parents how Miss Veronnica can't help with pick up line because she's busy hugging and holding one of her students that needs a little extra attention that day. I wish I could show parents how Mrs. Rogers cheers and claps when a child masters a skill they have been working on. I wish I could show parents how Miss Jane dances with her class (I'm sure she's glad I can't show parents this :). I wish I could show parents how long Miss Michelle sits in front of the computer making the "perfect" worksheet to teach a simple skill. I wish I could show parents how hard Miss Kalyn works to keep the classroom clean and safe for the students in her class. I wish I could show parents how Miss Tammy agonizes over her lesson plans because she wants to provide her students with the BEST kindergarten education (which by the way, she does.) I wish I could show parents how Miss Shelley talks so sweetly to her class and how much those precious, little two year olds love her. I wish I could show parents how Miss Caroline runs around the school each day obsessively making sure everything is running exactly how it should be. And I wish I could show parents my notebooks full of idea and plans for our school and my dreams of what it will become one day. I wish all parents could get a glimpse of what goes into our school day. The loving, hugging, cheering, clapping, dancing, teaching, cleaning, playing, laughing fun that we get to have each and every day.
-Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment