Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Our Mission at Coastal Day School

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know that my FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR is quickly approaching!!! I am counting down the days until school begins (In case you are wondering-15 and 16 days until New Family Orientation, 21 days until our Open House, and 26 days until the First Day of School!!!) Around this time each year, I begin compiling all of our information for our various staff and parent meetings. Each year I tweak the information to reflect any changes that has happened over the course of the last year. I seriously feel like everything changes every year. As we grow as a company, we realize the way we have been doing things is no longer going to work for us and we have to develop a new, better way. Year after year, we work hard to adapt to the changes in staff, families, curriculum, etc. Throughout the last nine years, we have learned a lot and applied what we have learned to how we operate. However, there is one thing that will always remain the same.

Why I do this.

What I hope to accomplish.

My mission.

Our mission here at CDS is to provide a learning environment where students feel loved, safe, and respected, and where teachers provide a broad range of activities to help each child learn to the best of their abilities. We work hard to foster independence, growth, and friendships. We also strive to provide parents and staff with a community of adults that care for their family and will support them.

We have this amazing family here at CDS and we will always do whatever we need to to keep that the same! Only 26 more days! I hope you are as excited as I am!!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment