Sunday, May 24, 2015

Another School Year Comes to an End

This time every year I am in disbelief at how quickly our school year flew by. It feels like just yesterday we were so excited for the first day of school and we couldn't wait to show off our new added space. As another year closes, I'd like to take time to reflect on everything that happened this year.

We added a few new amazing teachers this year. I am so happy that we have teachers who love what they do and go above and beyond on a daily basis. Natalie, Autumn, Stephanie and Melissa have been more than I could have ever dreamed of. They have helped us grow in so many ways. Their dedication has been so appreciated and I am grateful for each one of them. They made an amazing addition to our group of rock star staff!!!

The beginning of the year started out so smooth. The year before we experienced a lot of growing pains that made me feel like I was going crazy. This year was a piece of cake in comparison. Even our pick-up line was great during the first week of school. I'm so thankful for gracious parents that give us time to work out the kinks and find what works best for us. Our school truly is a community where everyone plays a part in making it successful.

We had lots of fun during amazing parties, events, field trips, and programs!! Our parents threw unbelievable classroom holiday parties with lovely decorations and awesome food!! I swear a few of them could be so successful in a party planning business!! As always, our Fall Festival and Book Fair were fun with a great turnout and lots of support from our families! Our Christmas program was great with our sweet, little kiddos singing their hearts out. Gosh they have grown so much this year!


IMG_2189.jpg

 
I had the pleasure of witnessing so much learning this year. I got to hear many students sound out their first word, read their first book, and count to 100 for the first time! What an honor it is that I get to be present during these monumental times in their lives. Thank you parents for allowing us to experience some of your child's "firsts"! We love cheering them on!!

My favorite thing about the year was getting to know so many amazing families, many that have become dear friends. What a wonderful feeling it is waking up each morning, excited to go to work because I get to talk to wonderful moms and dads and hang out with the coolest kids and teachers around. We are truly blessed at CDS.

It's hard to believe that graduation is just 11 days away. Our students have been practicing and are going to blow your socks off!! Please join us on Thursday, June 4th at 6pm at Life Community Church for a wonderful program celebrating all of our student’s hard work this year!

Thank you again for an amazing year. I am very much looking forward to next school year and all the memories and friends that will be created inside our little school.

-Ashley

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment