Tuesday, November 19, 2013


Season of Thanks

It’s that time around Coastal Day School where all our sweet little students are learning about Thanksgiving and being asked “What are you thankful for?” about a hundred times. We always love their answers. Of course we get the usual mom, dad, and toys, but we love it when we hear that their thankful for their toilet, unicorns, dirt, farts, and monkey bars. Kids are funny and they don’t even mean to be. They are simply being honest and expressing what it is they are truly thankful for. So, I’m going to take my cue from them and list what I’m honestly, truly, so very thankful for. I’m sure some of it will be silly and maybe not make sense to you, but here it is, what I’m thankful for, in no particular order J

My husband and his patience with all the ideas and projects I have

My spunky, sweet, hilarious girl

My best friend, Jesus

My other best friend, Caroline

My sweet dog Lucy

My amazing family and friends

My amazing business partner and staff at Coastal Day School as well as the amazing families we get to know

Sweet Tea

The ice at Andy’s and Smithfield's

Leaves scented candles from Bath and Body Works

Bathroom fans—life would just plain stink without them J

Snicker Bars

Hand Sanitizer

Hulu and Netflix

Reach Community Church (10am at Leland Middle School if you don’t have a church home J)

Cheese

Chick-Fil-A

RSVP pens

Tomatoes

Mascara

Texting
 
-Ashley

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment