Friday, October 11, 2013

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

As a child, I so looked forward to the last day of school so I could officially begin what was sure to be the BEST SUMMER EVER!!  And for the most part, each summer was even better than the last with vacations, pool days, and sleeping in. Well, things have changed. I have come to DREAD that last day of school along with the three months that follow. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pool day and look forward to vacation each summer, but that first day back to school can’t come fast enough for me. I love everything about the first day of school! I love seeing all the kids’ smiling faces (and the parents as they’re about to have four quiet hours for the first time in three months J), I  love seeing my staff excited for what’s to come, I love my school year routine, but mostly, I just love the newness! EVERYTHING is new! New backpacks, lunch boxes, crayons, clothes, and even new friends in our classrooms. It’s new and exciting and I just LOVE it! I know I drive Caroline crazy as I count down the days until our students are walking in the very first day. I find myself standing in the lobby imagining everyone chatting as they drop their child off. It really is my favorite time of year!! Now that we are a month into our new school year, things are so fun around here. Classrooms are calm and quiet as learning is going on and our playground is full of playing and giggles. We already have a few students well on their way to reading and we are quite impressed with several students’ math skills. As I sit here writing this, I can hear our four year old class dancing and laughing as the teacher is saying “sometime you just have to rock out!” I really love everything about our little school and mostly, I love our students and their families. We are so blessed. I am already dreading that last day of school but also looking forward to the months of fun and learning leading up to it.
 
-Ashley (owner and program director)
 
This is a photo I took on the first day of school of our very
first Kindergarten class!! So exciting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment